Our core business is the provision of contemporaneous, geographical vehicle hire rates for use by those involved in settling disputes within the Credit Hire sector. Our services are available to the representatives of both Claimants and Defendants in pre-litigation and litigated cases. Litigation within the credit hire vehicle rental industry continues despite the combined efforts of Insurers and many Credit Hire Organisations (CHOs). A major influencing factor is the issue of which rate is the correct vehicle hire rate.
To assist in determining ‘which rate’ is the most appropriate rate, there is demand for the provision of unbiased, independent, CPR compliant Comparator Rate Reports/Statements that take into account the specific circumstances of each individual case. At WhichRate (UK) we understand that every Claim is unique. In response to this, we offer a bespoke service. We have the experience and capability to appropriately deal with all Credit Hire Claims, whether simple or complex. Should exaggerated or fraudulent aspects be detected, WhichRate (UK) can assist by offering support with the aim of achieving optimal solutions.
Our considerable and extensive databases of national, historical, Credit and Basic Hire rates encompass a wide range of vehicle types. Our Advanced Computerised systems are designed to cater for the changing needs of the industry and provide solutions to match the ever increasing demands for accurate reliable data correctly presented in a timely fashion.
- Over 20 years experience at senior levels within the Credit Hire Industry
- Our clients include many of the UK’s major Motor Insurers and their Solicitors
- Knowledge of the vehicle rental industry
- A good working knowledge of precedent law as it relates to the vehicle credit hire industry
- Knowledge of the ABI General Terms of Agreement and the associated vehicle classification system
- Experienced personnel with significant investigative skills
- Extensive experience in the oral presentation of evidence at all levels within the Judicial System
“Thank you so much for your help on Thursday. Your assistance in analysing the Claimant’s rates “evidence” was of great assistance to my application to exclude it. And your evidence, which was delivered in a balanced and persuasive way, was of vital importance in ensuring the Claimant failed to beat our Part 36 offer”. Barrister.
 “The defendant adduced the evidence of Mr Barnett. I formed a favourable impression of Mr Barnett as a sensible and well-informed person who is familiar with the rental market”. Judgement Rennie v Brian Raynor Transport (Peter Barrie, Recorder).
Independent, unbiased Comparator Reports and CPR compliant Statements
- Inclusion of time and location specific rates with supporting evidence
- Rapid Response available where required
- Our tested and proven processes enable us to identify key aspects of the case, resulting in a bespoke report every time
- Our comprehensive procedures also allow us to identify potentially fraudulent activity, which we discuss with those instructing us, prior to passing on to our sister company, RTC Investigations, for more in depth analysis and reporting if required.
- We have the knowledge and capability to compile effective Rebuttal Statements
Part 18 Questions
- Assistance in drafting responses to authoring Part 18 Questions.
- As Lay Witnesses in support of our evidence.
- As Expert Witnesses, where appropriate, in support of our evidence.
- Compilation of appropriate reports
- Attendance at Court in support of our evidence
WhichRate (UK) has access to BHR Online. www.bhronline.co.uk
- Your BHR Online Unique Search Reference Number allows CPR compliant Rates Comparator Reports to be complied
- Conditions of the original hire and your BHR Online Search are verified by our experienced Rates Investigators
- Completed Comparator Reports include exhibits of images that confirm the rates collected from your BHR Online search
- For independent investigations into all issues associated with Road Traffic Accident related fraudulent activity, please see our sister company RTC Investigations